Thursday, June 18, 2015

Sketchbook Stories :Degas Inspired

If I had to choose, I would say that Edgar Degas is one of my favourite artists. I love his work and I am totally smitten with his ballerina paintings.




As part of our design team assignment on Anything But a Card challenge in May, we had to create a project inspired by the masters and needless to say I chose Degas..

While researching for my project I came upon some rough sketches of ballerinas done by him and that is my inspiration for this sketch/painting.

I used a photo of a real ballerina for reference.This was done on book paper using Pigma Micron pens, Gesso and coloured pencils. I know that I have a long way to go with regards to my art, but I was pretty happy with this one.

Cheers
Pallavi

linking to Paint Party Friday week 15 year 15 check in.
Art Journal Journey -Masculine/feminine